11.18.2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

First off, a big THANK YOU to Uncle Kevin and Aunt Beth who both gave me Target gift cards for my birthday last month. You guys rock! With the money, I was able to buy some really cool recycling bins (see picture below).




For the last year or so, I've been using kitchen trashcans that I asked for and received off FreeCycle for my "little hobby," as Alex calls it. And while reusing and re-purposing are great, I decided to just go for the new bins--It is my birthday, after all!



I've got six bins now instead of three, so I can separate my clear glass from my brown or green glass. Also, these nifty bins stack. They're shorter so when one or more get full, I can just stash them easily in the trunk of my car and then dump them into the recycle dumpster! No more plastic trash bags to deal with--YAY!


Recycling Help
  • earth911.com helps you find recyling centers in your area for everything from aluminum to paint to batteries to electronics.
  • The recycling symbol doesn't always mean an item is recyclable. Find out how to tell the difference.

No comments: